No. 19 IU men’s soccer game against Penn State postponed due to COVID-19 issues

<p>Then-senior A.J. Palazzolo and then-redshirt junior Joe Schmidt celebrate after a game in 2019 at Bill Armstrong Stadium. The Hoosiers&#x27; game against the Penn State Nittany Lions scheduled for March 7 has been postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests in the Penn State program. </p>

Then-senior A.J. Palazzolo and then-redshirt junior Joe Schmidt celebrate after a game in 2019 at Bill Armstrong Stadium. The Hoosiers' game against the Penn State Nittany Lions scheduled for March 7 has been postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests in the Penn State program.

No. 19 IU men’s soccer’s game against Penn State scheduled for Sunday has been postponed due to COVID-19 issues in the Penn State program, according to an IU athletics press release.

IU was scheduled to play its first true home game of the season after playing two games at Grand Park in Westfield, Indiana, and a road game at Northwestern in Evanston, Illinois.

The programs will work with the Big Ten to reschedule the match, according to the release.

Penn State was picked to finish third in the preseason Big Ten Poll. IU was picked unanimously for first.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments