Waitress, Napoleon Dynamite among 4 shows postponed by IU Auditorium

<p>IU Auditorium is located at 1211 E. 7th St. It has not announced when the season&#x27;s productions will be rescheduled.</p>

IU Auditorium is located at 1211 E. 7th St. It has not announced when the season's productions will be rescheduled.

The IU Auditorium postponed performances for four touring shows originally scheduled to run in 2020. They had previously been rescheduled for dates in January and March, but have now been delayed indefinitely.

The productions include Beautiful – The Carole King Musical, Napoleon Dynamite, RAIN – A Tribute to The Beatles and Waitress. Future dates for each show will be announced once they are confirmed, according to a Jan. 7 press release from IU Auditorium Marketing Manager Ryan Sheets.

The postponements are a result of health concerns over the coronavirus pandemic, according to a statement on the IU Auditorium website. With large group settings still considered a safety concern, the production teams for Beautiful – The Carole King Musical, RAIN – A Tribute to The Beatles and Waitress postponed their tours.

Related: [Read our COVID-19 coverage here]

Show delays have become commonplace as touring companies and theaters across the country adapt to the pandemic. All Broadway productions have been canceled through May, according to Broadway.com.

People with tickets to any of the postponed auditorium events can keep their tickets and use them for the future dates, according to a post on the IU Auditorium website. Information on exchanging, donating or obtaining refunds for tickets can also be found on the website

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments