Brown County Art Guild has two fall exhibits on view through Nov. 7

artguild.jpg

The Brown County Art Guild has two fall exhibits on view through Nov. 7, where visitors can browse and purchase artwork created by artist members of the Brown County Art Guild. 

One exhibit, the "Guild Artist Fall Exhibition and Sale," features work by artist members, and the second exhibit entitled “Color Trip” showcases artworks of brilliant colors, according to a press release.

The Brown County Art Guild is a nonprofit organization that displays and sells both collected historic paintings and artworks from regional award-winning member artists. The guild also offers member artist demonstrations, workshops, special exhibits and many other events during the year. The guild is located in Nashville, Indiana.

Andra Walters, executive director of the Brown County Art Guild, said the “Color Trip” theme is a special expedition of art pieces by many artists to show their interpretation of color.

“Each artist submitted a piece of their own interpretation of color and what color means to them,” Walters said. “Some used an actual trip to convey color in their painting, others used color as the basis of their piece from figures, contemporary abstract, to landscapes.”

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visitors are required to wear masks and social distance, and hand sanitizer will be provided.

Wyatt LeGrand, current artist at the Brown County Art Guild, used previous paintings he’s already done to describe his own interpretation of the theme.

“I think it’s an opportunity to show off the colors that people are seeing outdoors, and we get to reflect that in our paintings,” LeGrand said. “It's a variety of subject matters and styles.”

Maureen Pesta, current artist at the Brown County Art Guild, said that even though she hasn’t seen the exhibit yet in person, there is another way to see the exhibit online on their website.

“Not only can you see the artwork in person, but you can also view the artwork online on the Brown County Art Guild website,” Pesta said. “It's a good thing that the Brown County Art Guild worked on this for the past few months especially with the COVID-19 pandemic going on.”

LeGrand will exhibit three works of art at the Art Fall exhibit sale. Two are portraits, and the last is a still life.

“The third painting is a still life package of Skittles that has been spilled in a pool of blood which is an interesting image for most people,” LeGrand said.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, Walters said it’s important to hang on to any type of form of art as it is a form of reflection for ourselves.

“Art is beauty," Walters said. "Art is peace. We need a sense of self-analysis and a sense of belonging to look within ourselves to connect to others, that's what art does."

Gallery hours are Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.