Arts Midwest awards Touring Fund Grants to local organizations

<p>The IU Auditorium is located at 1211 E. Seventh St. The auditorium was awarded a $4,000 grant from Arts Midwest.</p>

The IU Auditorium is located at 1211 E. Seventh St. The auditorium was awarded a $4,000 grant from Arts Midwest.

Arts Midwest announced the recipients of its 2020-21 Touring Fund Grants. Sixteen grants, totaling $38,900, were awarded. The IU Auditorium, the Jacobs School of Music and MidWay Music Speaks were all awarded funds. 

The Touring Fund is a program of Arts Midwest that provides people in the Midwest access to dance, music and theater. Midwestern presenting organizations could apply for grants ranging from $500 to $4,000 to offset the costs of bringing touring art to their cities.

Both the IU Auditorium and Jacobs School of Music were awarded the maximum amount of $4,000. MidWay Music Speaks was awarded $1,700. 

As grant recipients, each organization must present a professional artist in a public performance and create a community activity that reaches an audience with limited access to the arts.

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, these performances and community activities may take place virtually. For this year only, organizations will be allowed to work with visual artists and/or work with artists within their own state.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments