Grunwald Gallery to present online exhibition

entgrunwaldbrief062220

Then-junior Nicolas Martinez enters the Grunwald Gallery of Art, a gallery on the second floor of the Fine Arts Building that features art by professionals and students. The gallery is closed until further notice due to the coronavirus pandemic, but it will be presenting a new exhibition on its website. Emily Eckelbarger and IDS file photo

The Grunwald Gallery at Indiana University will digitally present a new exhibition, “Fallout: Art in This Time" in July. The exhibit is an ongoing project, featuring an initial group of artists with more artists being added at later dates. The exhibit will open on the gallery’s website at 5 p.m. July 17. 

“Please Practice Racial Distancing,” a collaborative work by artists Joel Fuller and Seth Cook, will also be featured on Facebook Live at 5 p.m. on July 17. Other “Fallout” events will be announced on the Gallery’s social media pages.

“Fallout: Art in this Time” is meant for artists to reflect on the effect COVID-19 has had on their lives and artistic practices. Process images and pictures of home studio spaces will be featured alongside the completed works. 

The Grunwald Gallery is closed until further notice due to the coronavirus pandemic. Online exhibitions and more information can be found here.

More in Arts