student life bloomington coronavirus

Game Day: So you think you can puzzle? Try out these IU jigsaw puzzles.

IMG_7637.jpg

So a little birdie told us you think you're really good at jigsaw puzzles. We'd like to challenge that.

You say you've been spending your time in isolation puzzling? Well, us too.

You see, my family has put together 3,998 pieces over the last few weeks (yep, there are two missing pieces to that candy puzzle). Check out the photo above, featuring our cat Jazz sitting on our completed masterpieces awaiting Amazon-ordered puzzle glue.

I was feeling pretty good about myself after those, thinking I was an advanced puzzler and all. But then came the online puzzles. We tested this edition of game day earlier this week and I quite literally could not complete our 137-piece test puzzle. But don't worry, they're not all that hard!

So if you came here thinking you were an expert puzzler, I challenge you to try these. Maybe you'll be better than me. In fact, I hope you are. Prove me wrong.

Welcome to the hardest edition of game day yet. We've got three puzzles for you, each one featuring an IU-related image by photographer Joy Burton.

Let's start off easy with this 15-piece puzzle of the Eskenazi Museum, which reopened this year after three years of renovations. You can check out the completed image, and the images for all of these puzzles, at the bottom of the article.

Easy: 15 pieces

Was that too easy for you? Alright. Let's step it up a little. Our next puzzle features a photo from IU Dance Marathon's Day of Hope, the marathon's biggest fundraising push. The marathon raised more than $4.2 million last year.

Medium: 70 pieces

Alright, hotshot. You want something crazy hard? I'm game. This is the hardest puzzle the puzzle generator will allow. We all miss campus and its iconic squirrels so make up for lost time with this 300 piece puzzle of one of our furry friends. After you're done, check out this obituary news editor and squirrel beat reporter Peter Talbot wrote last year about Bear, a beloved campus squirrel.

Hard: 300 pieces

If you can complete all these puzzles, kudos to you. And let us know, we'd like to meet the ultimate puzzle master. Happy puzzling, Hoosiers!

Check out the last editions of game day, featuring word searches, quarantine activity brackets and crossword puzzles.

The completed puzzles are below:

cagameday041920EASY

cagameday041920medium

cagameday041920hard
Easy
Medium
Hard