IU announces 2019-20 regular season men's basketball schedule

basketball.jpg

Holiday gifts arrived early for IU men’s basketball fans. The program announced Friday afternoon the official 2019-20 schedule.

IU will play a 31-game regular season schedule with 19 games in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, 10 games on the road and two neutral site contests.

The first eight games will come at home beginning with Western Illinois University on Nov. 5. IU will also play Portland State University and the University of North Alabama for the first time in program history.

IU will host the “Indiana Challenge” at the end of November. The five-team event will include meetings with Troy University, Princeton University, Louisiana Tech University and South Dakota State University.

IU will also travel to New York City to face the University of Connecticut in the Jimmy V Classic Dec. 10.

The Big Ten/ACC Challenge will present a matchup against Florida State University on Dec. 3. IU will face the University of Notre Dame in the Crossroads Classic at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Dec. 21. After winter break, IU will host the University of Arkansas on Dec. 29 to round out nonconference play.

Big Ten play will start Dec. 7 against Wisconsin on the road before playing 18 straight conference games starting Jan. 4 at Maryland. IU will host Northwestern, Ohio State, Michigan State, Maryland, Purdue, Iowa, Penn State, Minnesota and Wisconsin.

IU will travel to Maryland, Rutgers, Nebraska, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Minnesota, Purdue and Illinois before the start of the Big Ten Tournament from March 11-15.