Support the Indiana Daily Student to beat Purdue's student newspaper, the Exponent, through making a donation to the IDS Legacy Fund! Whichever publication raises more money before the Purdue v. IU football game Nov. 26 "wins" the challenge, but all donations go to support student journalism at the respective publications. To help IU beat Purdue and support the IDS, follow this link to donate.

Excited for GarlicFEST? Learn more about the beloved seasoning with this infographic.

GarlicFEST is back Aug. 31 to Sept. 1 at the Waldron Hill Buskirk or Third Street Park. While the festival features local artists, live music, yoga and even a beer garden, the focus is, as always, on garlic. To get you ready for the festival, we've prepared an infographic to help you learn a bit more about the beloved stinking rose.

Christine Fernando

Now that you've been introduced to garlic, here are some of garlic's closest relatives and some forms you may find garlic in while perusing grocery store aisles.

Christine Fernando

Garlic has a lot of health benefits because it protects against viruses, bacteria, fungus and vampires. That's probably why Americans consume so much garlic annually.

Christine Fernando

But where is the garlic? Most garlic produced in the U.S. comes from three counties in California, but China, India and Bangladesh are the true garlic heavyweights.

Christine Fernando

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.