arts community events

Businesses organizing events to commence Bloomington’s Week of Chocolate

entprombrief012819.jpg

Several Bloomington businesses will be home to chocolate-related events starting Friday, Feb. 1 to celebrate the Week of Chocolate.

Presented by the nonprofit organization LifeDesigns, the Week of Chocolate has been a Bloomington staple for 22 years, according to LifeDesigns’ website.

Kicking off the week is the unveiling of a new gallery by the Bloomington Watercolor Society that captures the blues in the form of paintings. The display starts 5 p.m. Feb. 1 at the Vault at Gallery Mortgage with hors d’oeuvres to be served. The event is free and open to the public.

This year marks the 10th anniversary of Chocolate Prom, a dance at Rhino’s Youth Center that includes a chocolate fondue fountain, DJ and photo booth. Tickets for the event are $10 per person or $15 a couple, and proceeds will benefit the center. The dance is from 7-11 p.m. Feb. 1.

Women are invited to a free pampering day from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 2 at Osmon Chiropractic Center, located at 1332 W. Arch Haven St. The event will include free spinal screenings, chair massages, makeovers, gift card giveaways and — of course — chocolate. The event is open to all women.

Anyone planning to attend these events and more may download and print a chocolate passport on LifeDesigns’ website. If the passport is stamped three or more times, Peacetree Mountain Truffles will give a four-piece truffle box, and a nine-piece box if there are five or more stamps. Stamped passports can be redeemed at the Bloomington Chocolate Company at 879 S. College Mall Road.

Events for the week will continue until Feb. 16, with information on events available at LifeDesigns’ website.