5 movies from your childhood you definitely forgot about

A Cinderella Story

The feeling of being a kid again is one many college students long for. If you are constantly looking for old movies to explore again, watch these five films from your childhood when you need a study break. 

All five of these movies are available on Netflix. You're welcome. 

1. "A Cinderella Story" 

Hilary Duff plays Sam, a high school teenager who lives with an evil woman and her daughter. This modern-day fairytale was relatable and charming as Sam's grand ball came in the form of a high school Halloween dance.

As if the young Chad Michael Murray's character, Austin Ames, was not enough, Jennifer Coolidge’s portrayal of Sam’s evil stepmother was performed perfectly. If one thing is for sure, we all wanted to be Sam when she walked into the dance and left Austin speechless. 

2. "Camp Rock"

Starring Demi Lovato as a shy singer named Mitchie, this Disney Channel Original Movie made us all wish we went to this summer camp for the musically inclined. The funny one-liners and catchy songs will make you wish you had not waited so long to revisit the world where Mitchie learns how to over come her fears. The film also features the Jonas Brothers and fellow Disney Channel stars. 

3. "Cheetah Girls"

This movie stars Raven Symoné and her three friends  hoping that their girl band will skyrocket to stardom. As was said in their song “Cheetah Sisters,” these friends come from very different backgrounds but make up one big family. 

Everyone had a Cheetah Girl they wanted to be when they were young. I wanted to be Dorinda, who is played bySabrina Bryan. Adrienne Bailon, ex-girlfriend of TV personality Rob Kardashian, appears in the film as well. The fourth and final Cheetah Girl was played by Kiely Williams.

4. "The Hannah Montana Movie"

When this movie centered around the characters from the popular Disney Channel television series, I was ecstatic. I could not get enough of Miley Cyrus and her eccentric character. She played Miley Ray Stewart, an otherwise ordinary girl who led a double life as pop star Hannah Montana. 

In the film, she returns to her hometown of Crowley Corners  after her dad feels she could use a reality check from the celebrity life. The film includes the hit song “The Climb,” which is one of my favorites to sing in the shower. This movie will put you in all your feels. 

5. "High School Musical"

If you haven’t seen this movie at least 15 times, not including the sing-along version, then we can’t relate.

Zac Efron, who plays Troy, and Vanessa Hudgens, who plays Gabriella, set the bar pretty high for high school relationships, even though we knew we would never know love at first sight like Troy and Gabriella did. 

When Troy told his dad he wanted to give up basketball to be in the school musical, we knew it was true love.  Bop it to the top of your Netflix list immediately. 

These five movies are perfect for nights when you want to cuddle up with your roommates, pop some popcorn and feed your inner adolescent needs again.