arts food

Anatolia brings Turkish culture to 4th street

While you’re browsing around the tents at the Fourth Street Festival this weekend, make sure to stop by Anatolia for a wonderful Turkish meal with some Mediterranean flare.

An Anatolia meal will be the perfect delicious break from the heat.

Not only is the restaurant a breath of fresh air culturally, but the food is delicious, and you definitely get what you pay for.

Get in touch with the Turkish culture.

Try one of their delicious dishes. The appetizers are unreal, and the prices are very reasonable for sudents on a budget.

The wide variety has something for everyone — including vegetarians.

Vegetarian dishes range from about $8 to $10, and meat dishes usually range from $10 to $15.

Also, the complimentary bread is always a big hit while you’re waiting for your meal to arrive.

If you opt for one of their signature pides — flatbread that often consists of cheese, meat and sauce, you also get a sides of rice, salad and your choice of one of two incredible soups.

Pides can be customized, so you can ultimately pick your filling to accompany the decadent bread boat.

Anatolia’s sauces are full of flavor, adding a little spice to each dish no matter what you choose to order.

And nothing compares to the combination of the fresh salad and warm, fluffy rice that accompanies each entrée.

Not only is the Turkish tea deliciously smooth and highly caffeinated — it’s complimentary, too.

This free treat is perfect for an evening pick-me-up.

The ambiance of the restaurant sucks you in and immediately makes you feel comfortable with home-like décor and a section with seating on beautifully detailed rugs.

Outdoor seating is also available.

The patio will automatically make you feel as though you’re making yourself at home in Turkey.

For indoor seating, green ivy wraps around the entrance to the quaint purple house that serves as the face for this Bloomington gem.

You can either soak in the Turkish culture at the Fourth Street location or Anatolia’s menu is also available for takeout.

Anatolia is open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day of the week.

You can call 812-334-2991 for more information.