IFC recruitment to begin today

Interfraternity Council recruitment kicks off today. All 33 IU IFC chapters will have tables set up in Dunn Meadow from 3 to 7 p.m.
This event is open to all freshmen and sophomore men interested in any IU
fraternity.
Senior and IFC Vice President Tom Ault said recruitment allows the entire IFC community to come together in one place.
“There isn’t a person that comes in on a level higher than anyone else,” Ault said.
Students are encouraged to explore the different fraternity chapter tables and introduce themselves.
On a later date, recruitment chairs will contact those who signed up and invite them to an event in which they can learn more about that chapter.
This event isn’t solely for those who know for certain they want to join a fraternity, Ault said.
“If you’re unsure, come out,” Ault said. “If you’re dead-set on joining a fraternity, come out and talk to as many chapters as possible.”
This is one of the few events where a student can learn about IU Greek life as a whole, not just individually through each fraternity, Ault said.
“We have every IFC chapter at one event, and this doesn’t happen often,” Ault said.
Fall recruitment tends to have more participants than spring recruitment, said Jordan Shwide senior and IFC vice president of
communications.
“You can either leave without signing, or you can leave knowing you found a fraternity you really like,”
Shwide said.

Follow reporter Tori Lawhorn on Twitter @ToriLawhorn