Gunfire leaves 4 wounded

The Bloomington Police Department is currently investigating two shootings that occurred Friday and Saturday, leaving four people wounded from gunshots.\nAt about 3:30 p.m. Friday, officers were dispatched to the 3000 block of East Longview Avenue, where they found a man with two gunshot wounds to his abdominal area, according to a BPD press release. The man was transported to Bloomington Hospital, where he underwent surgery. The victim was unable to provide any information detailing the shooting.\nA second victim arrived at Bloomington Hospital with gunshot wounds to his right knee, according to the press release. He underwent surgery and will be interviewed at a later time.\nThrough witness accounts, BPD learned there were about four to five shots fired during the incident. Shell casings and other evidence were recovered from the apartment, according to the press release. Witnesses told officers they saw two men in their late teens or early 20s running from the apartment and fleeing in a maroon vehicle, according to the press release.\nThe case is still under investigation and anyone with information is asked to contact the Bloomington Police Department at 339-4477.\nThe second shooting occurred Saturday morning at Roosters, a bar located at 3000 S. Walnut St., and left two women wounded after an altercation between two men went awry.\nDuring the fight, one man produced a .40-caliber Glock handgun and a struggle ensued for control of the weapon, according to a BPD press release. During the struggle, the men discharged two to three rounds and the women were struck in the legs by debris or fragments from the bullets.\nOne of the men gained control of the gun, but Rooster’s security personnel pursued him. The man surrendered the weapon but fled on foot. He later arrived at Bloomington Hospital, where he was treated for broken teeth, a head injury and abrasions to his arms, legs and back.\nBPD is still looking for the second man involved in the altercation. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Rob Shrake at 349-3352.