Bloomington Police Reports

Man arrested for battery\nA man was arrested June 1 after attempting to withdraw money he claimed was from God at a local bank.\nAnthony Andrews, 27, was arrested for impersonating a public servant, two counts of battery, trespassing and resisting law enforcement.\nAndrews entered IU Credit Union, 105 E. Winslow Rd., and told a teller he wanted to take out the $55 million he said God had put into his account, Sgt. Jeff Canada said, reading from a police report.\nWhen two bank managers tried to escort him out the bank, Andrews punched one of the managers in the face and shoved the second manager. \nBPD Officer Christopher Scott was dispatched to the area. When Scott found the suspect, Andrews said, "I'm with the FBI. Don't violate my rights."

Attempted burglary at Mancino’s pizza

On Tuesday at 3:30 a.m., a witness called in a burglary in progress at Mancino’s Pizzeria, 916 N. College Ave.\nAccording to the police report, the suspect was described as being a skinny white male with dark hair. The suspect was using a pipe or a baseball bat to beat on the glass door on the north side of the establishment. \nBefore officers arrived, the subject ran east toward Walnut Street. Officers did locate the door with three large holes in it, but they do not believe any entry to the restaurant was gained, Canada said.

Longtime rape suspect arrested

After a reported rape on Sept. 1, 2006, in the 300 block of Varsity Lane, Nicholas Martin, 21, of Sevierville, Tenn., was arrested, and faces preliminary charges of rape and burglary. \nThe 19-year-old victim told police officers she woke up to find a man having sex with her. After the attack, she woke up her roommates and was taken to the hospital, BPD Detective Robert Shrake said.\nShrake said he interviewed a number of people who could have been potential suspects, and Martin's name came up in a few of the conversations.\nAfter his initial contact with the suspect, Martin moved from Connersville, Ind., to Tennessee, Shrake said. He added that Martin's stories were inconsistent. \nAfter a DNA sample was taken from Martin in December, it was tested against the DNA found on the victim, and the two samples matched.