Hoosiers face off against in-state rival Butler

After a weekend at the Service Academics Classic in Millington, Tenn., where IU came out 2-1, the Hoosiers come home to face Butler, scheduled for a 3 p.m. start today at Sembower Field. \nAll eyes will be on senior outfielder and pitcher Joe Kemp as he tries to extend his 2004 hitting streak to 12 games. Last week Kemp was named Big Ten Conference Player of the Week. In the four games the Hoosiers have played, Kemp went 6-for-17 -- a .353 batting average -- including two home runs, seven RBIs and five runs scored.\n"He has had a very productive weekend for us," said IU coach Bob Morgan. "He has played solid defense and been able to pitch for us as well." \nKemp and junior outfielder Zach Boswell were named to the All-Tournament Team for their performances at the Service Academics Classic. Boswell is second in slugging percentage for the Hoosiers with .778. He has accumulated two doubles, two home runs and three RBIs in six hits during five games. \n"There were a lot of good players down there, but I was seeing the ball pretty well," Boswell said. "It is an honor to be named to the All-Tournament Team."\nIU will be facing a Butler team that came within one win of completing three consecutive 30-win seasons for the first time in school history. Top prospect junior lefthander Craig Costello is the projected starter for the Bulldogs. In 2004 Costello led the Horizon League with nine wins, including a no-hitter against the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.\nWednesday's game will be the Bulldogs' first of the season and the Hoosiers' fifth. \nLeading IU with the hottest bat of 2005 is junior first baseman Ryan Parker. The Hilliard, Ohio, native has had seven hits, including two doubles, a triple and three RBIs on his way to a .500 batting average. Parker's .786 slugging percentage also tops other Hoosiers.\n"I think hitting has a lot to do with confidence," Parker said. "So far we've gotten off to a great start, and I'm just trying to build off of that."\nIU travels for the second weekend in a row and will arrive in Shreveport, La., in a round-robin tournament against Centenary and Arkansas-Little Rock. \n-- Contact Staff Writer Andrew \nShaffer at asshaffe@indiana.edu.