Jazz from Bloomington concert, other area events posponed

The performance by the Joshua Redman Quartet, scheduled for last night at the Buskirk-Chumley Theatre, 114 E. Kirkwood Ave., was cancelled yesterday. Representatives of Jazz From Bloomington, the organization sponsoring the event, are offering refunds to ticket holders. Jazz From Bloomington may attempt to reschedule the concert for a later date, although David Miller, speaking for the organization, was not optimistic.\n"It might be difficult for us to do anything in the immediate future," he said. "This is a blow to us -- this is the most popular, expensive show we've ever booked. It will be more difficult for us to make it to the next concert."\nSeveral other area arts events have been cancelled or postponed. The Bloomington Area Arts Council cancelled its evening classes last night and will follow the Monroe County Community School Corporation in deciding whether to hold classes for the rest of the week (visit www.mccsc.edu for an update).\nIn Indianapolis, the Jimmy Buffett concert scheduled for last night at the Verizon Wireless Music Center was postponed, and the Carrot Top performance scheduled for tonight at the Murat Centre.\n"This decision was made out of respect for the victims of the nationwide tragedy taking place," said concert promoter Clear Channel Entertainment in a press release. "Please keep your tickets. We will provide further information about new concert dates as soon as they are available."\nClear Channel postponed all of its events scheduled for last night nationwide.