Steve Earle to play at Murat Centre

The impact Steve Earle made on the Nashville music scene in the 1980s shook the city to its traditional roots. With its controversial lyrics, his album Copperhead Road made people ask, "What is country, and what is rock and roll?"\nEarle will bring his outlaw style to Indianapolis Tuesday with special guest Stacey Earle. The show will take place at 7:30 p.m. in the Egyptian Room of the Murat Centre. Stacey Earle is Steve's younger sister, who plays guitar and performs duets with her brother on occasion.\nTravis Olson, drummer for local band Crooked County, said Earle's career covers a wide range of music.\n"Steve Earle's music spans across a great tradition of music from Woody Guthrie to Townes Van Zandt," Olson said.\nEarle fan and local musician Jon Collins pinned down the attraction to Earle's unique style.\n"Steve is the modern day folk poet; he is a troubadour, and he is a legend," Collins said.\nAnthony Decurtis of Rolling Stone magazine said Steve's music "weave(s) threads that bind Ireland and American, south Rockabilly ... and folk music."\nOne thing for sure is this Texas rocker keeps writing popular music. After decades of songwriting, Earle topped the charts with last year's single, album and tour titled "Transcendental Blues."\nSteve and Stacey Earle will perform 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Egyptian Room of the Murat Centre in Indianapolis. Tickets are $18.50 and are available at all Ticketmaster locations.