Pat McGee Band electrifies Bluebird crowd

Original songs highlight of musical evening

Sounds of the acoustic guitar, drums, basses and amazing vocals echoed throughout the Bluebird Nightclub, 216 N. Walnut St., Tuesday night as Pat McGee Band took center stage. \nPlaying to a packed crowd of mainly college students, Pat McGee Band rocked the house, playing old and new tunes, such as "Lost" and "Hero," two of the hottest hits of the evening.\n"Rebecca" was another one of the most popular songs of the evening. \n"It was the first song I ever wrote," McGee said. "There's been maybe 10 nights out of 2,000 that we haven't played that song. The fans have always been into that song." \nTuesday night, the crowd showed how much they enjoy "Rebecca." The crowd screamed with excitement as the first few notes of the song were played. Once the vocals were added, the crowd sang along with McGee and the rest of the band.\nBut it wasn't just "Rebecca" that brought the crowd to its feet. By the time the entire band was on stage, the floor surrounding the stage was packed with fans.\nEach song brought new excitement and energy within the crowd, which made the performance even better.\nWith musical influences from the Allman Brothers and other classic rock bands, the music Pat McGee Band played catered to all age groups. McGee said he wants to focus on the younger college-aged crowd because it is the group with which the band started.\nHe said a highlight of the band's career was playing at President Clinton's farewell party. "It was definitely the most exciting and most memorable experience of my life," McGee said. "It was cool. Very cool."\nCool is one word of many to describe Pat McGee Band. The talent of this band and the music is phenomenal. \nThe highlight of the evening cannot be classified because the entire show was outstanding. The band was filled with passion and energy, which increased the energy of the audience. \nThe men of Pat McGee Band know how to put on a performance, especially in a college town, because that is where their career began. Getting the crowd interested and revved up made the concert one of the best I have ever seen. Pat McGee Band is outstanding and full of great musical talent, making this a performance for the memory books.\nPat McGee Band will be returning in April for Little 500 weekend. The concert will be sponsored by Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity and will be open to everyone.