Around the Arts

Vertical Horizon creates contest to promote new CD\nNEW YORK -- To complement the release of Vertical Horizon's third single, "Best I Ever Had," the band wants to hear their listeners' "best they ever had" romance stories. Radio stations across the country will listen to these stories, and all callers will win a special edition of Vertical Horizon's album and be registered for a grand prize trip to New York for a romantic weekend getaway. \nThe trip will include dinner for two at Windows on the World, two nights at the Marriott World Trade Center, tickets to see Vertical Horizon in concert and special VIP passes to party with the band.\nLocal magazine seeking submissions for new edition\nBathtub Gin, a local literary/art magazine, is looking for poetry, short prose, one-act plays, essays, excerpts from novels, reviews and other creative entries to compile its eighth issue. Entries can be sent to Bathtub Gin, P.O. Box 2392, Bloomington, IN 47402. For more information, e-mail charter@bluemarble.net or visit \nthe Web site, www.bluemarble.net/~charter/btgin.htm.\nArts commission seeks applications for arts event grants\nThe Bloomington Community Arts Commission has grants available for artists and arts groups in Bloomington. The commission encourages and supports the development of artistic activities, events and educational programs that offer community-wide interest. \nApplications for grants are available at the Public Works office of City Hall in the Showers Complex, 401 N