Around The Arts

IU Soul Revue ensemble to perform at Borders\nThe IU Soul Revue, one of three performing ensembles of the African-American Arts Institute, will perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Borders Books & Music, 2634 E. Third St. Admission is free.

Matchbox Twenty, Everclear to play in Indy

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday for Matchbox Twenty and Everclear's March 6 performance at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Reserved tickets will be available for $36 and $29.50 at the Conseco Fieldhouse Box Office, online at www.sfx.com, at all Ticketmaster outlets or via charge-by-phone at (317) 239-5151.

Waldron offers students\nspring break alternative

The John Waldron Arts Center, 122 S. Walnut St., is offering its seventh annual "Art Treasures of Europe Tour" during spring break. This year's itinerary includes two nights in Milan, five nights in Venice and one to four nights in Como. Tour membership is limited to 40 participants, and final payment is due Jan. 31. For more information, visit www.artlives.org or call 334-3100, 336-6811, or (800) 544-1687

Public library to feature puppet performance

Puck Players Puppet Theatre will perform two shows, "Peter Rabbit" and "Red Riding Hood and the Veggie Monster" at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the Monroe County Public Library, 303 E. Kirkwood Ave. The Puppet Theatre will present repeat performances at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Jan. 27. Admission is $1. Reservations are available by calling 349-3050, but reserved tickets must be claimed at least 15 minutes before showtime.

Comedy show opens \nat Phoenix Theatre

"Bluff," a comedic play by Jeffrey Sweet that had its debut at Chicago's Victory Gardens in 1999, opens today at the Phoenix Theatre in Indianapolis. The show starts at 8 p.m. and will feature a reception after the performance. Tickets are $20 for general admission and $10 for ages \n24 and under. The production will run through Feb. 18. Sweet will also present a free seminar on writing for the theater at 4 p.m. Saturday at the Phoenix Theatre. For reservations, call (212) 391-3885. For more information, call (212) 398-9366, ext. 11.