Cults

w/ Spectrals and Mrs. Magician

Rhino's Youth Center

8 p.m.

$13 advance/$15 door

All Ages

Cults will play Rhino's on Saturday not because it's Little 500 but because Saturday is when Bloomington happened to fit into their tour routing. It's way more fun to believe that they're here because of the summer-welcoming bike race, though, so let's do that:

The Three Biggest Reasons Cults Is the Perfect Little 500 Band

3. Dresses - Cults frontwoman Madeline Follin doesn't rock the conventional T-shirt-and-jeans look onstage, opting instead for gorgeous, simple sundresses. They're usually black - fair enough - but they're also a fashion statement worth imitating on a weekend overrun by frat-glasses and tank tops.

2. The Season of Love - Follin is no stranger to love. She plays the mercurial object of the title character's affection on last year's WEEKEND-approved "David Comes to Life" by Fucked Up, but more importantly, she's in a long-standing relationship with her Cults bandmate Brian Oblivion. Their onstage chemistry during duets "Abducted" and "Bumper" is a lot more adorable than the hookup you'll see in the corner if you spend Saturday night at KOK.

1. "Go Outside" - Cults' biggest hit is also the first Cults song most people ever heard. In addition to boasting the best use of glockenspiel in a pop song, it's also a rousing call for action: Don't stay inside and sleep the light away this Little 500 weekend, regardless of how bad your hangover is. Go outside, damn it!

Post by Brad Sanders