Last night, three of IU's Class of 2009 recruits were in action, and all three had good offensive numbers.

Shades Valley (Ala.) star Christian Watford scored 23 of his team's 43 points, while also pulling down 11 rebounds, but the Mounties (21-5) fell to Pinson Valley 45-43. It was their third loss to Pinson Valley this season. On Thursday, Shades Valley clashed with Erwin High for the fourth time, and despite early struggles by Watford, the IU signee helped the Mounties to 44-31 win with 19 points and 14 rebounds.

Also last night, Class 2A No. 2-ranked Tipton High School (Ind.) was victorious for the 12th time this season. The Blue Devils (12-2) got 17 points and 13 rebounds from Derek Elston, one of two regular starters who began the night on the bench.

Lastly, undefeated Bloomington South put their undefeated record on the line when they traveled to Indy to face an often dangerous Pike High School team. IU recruit Jordan Hulls, one of the top seniors in the state, faced off against one of the state's top underclassmen, five-star recruit Marquis Teague, in a highly anticipated Friday night contest. Despite all the hype, the Panthers (14-0) showed why they are the state's top-ranked 4A squad, winning 75-50. Hulls led the Panthers with 23 points, while possible IU targets Darwin Davis and Spencer Turner each chipped in 12 points.

"I think he showed why he's a very high Mr. Basketball candidate," South coach J.R. Holmes told the Indy Star after the game.

On the other side, Teague scored 12 of his team's 18 first quarter points, but finished with just 19. Teague, thought to be favoring Louisiville and Wake Forest, was at Assembly Hall for the "White Out" last Sunday.