It's time to tip off the regular season here at Assembly Hall as IU takes on the Albany Great Danes. Looks like the IU girls are sporting a bit of a new look tonight, with high white socks extended up near the knees. It's a good look for them. There's a pretty good crowd on hand for a Friday night to see the home opener. I'll be providing some live updates periodically throughout the game.

Under 16:00 timeout: Iu leads 10-7 Both teams are a bit sloppy to start. Albany is really forcing the issue, pushing the ball upcourt and pressing after made baskets. IU has also shown a full court press at times, but is dropping back into a match-up zone. Amber Jackson is looking good down low and the Danes down have much size to slow her down.

Under 12:00 timeout: Albany leads 19-10 It's been all Albany lately as the Danes' is on a 12-0 run to lead 19-10. IU is really having trouble with the Albany press. The quickness of the Danes' guards is really causing problems on the offensive end as well. Albany can get into the lane and dish outside for open three point looks. Britney McGee made two three-pointers off the bench in the Danes'.

Under 8:00 timeout: Albany leads 23-20 It looks like the answer for IU on offense might be inside with Amber Jackson. When she gets the ball near the block she hasn't really been stopped. Albany coach Trina Patterson was whistle for a quick technical foul after arguing what she thought was a foul. Whitney Thomas picked up two quick fouls and has been on the bench for much of the half.

At the half its 34-25 Albany Albany finished the half on a 12-5 run. Coach Legette-Jack can't be happy with IU's 13 first half turnovers and I'm sure she will make the Hoosiers aware of it in the locker room. Amber Jackson was really the only consistent scorer on offense and she led the Hoosiers with 12 points. Albany used a four guard offense for a lot of the first half and it forced IU to make adjustments in the lineup. I'll be back with you after halftime.

2nd half Under 16:00 timeout- 41-33 Albany Nikki Smith can't buy a three-pointer right now. She's had several roll in and out. Whitney Thomas is back in and is doing a nice job of rebounding. So far though, Albany has been able to answer every time IU has clawed back in the game.

Under 12:00 timeout-Albany leads 45-44 IU is storming back with much better defense and rebounding. They are beating the press with a little more ease and its created some open layups. Whitney Thomas just picked up her fourth foul going over the back.

Under 8:00 timeout-IU leads 52-47 Here come the flags, always a crowd favorite...Really good stretch by IU, especially on the defensive end. They are really getting after it and the crowd is responding to the energy on the court. Jori Davis has really provided a spark off the bench for the Hoosiers.

Final score: IU wins 67-59 Great second half and a big win for IU after trailing by 9 at the half. IU held on to the lead despite some late three pointers by the Danes' Kristin Higy. The Hoosiers hit their free throws when they needed to and made several key defensive stops Albany's uptempo style might have caught up with them near the end of the game. Their pressure died down a bit and they looked a little fatigued. That's all for now and Zach will have more in Monday's paper.