POSTGAME

Hoosiers win 71-59.

As a fellow media member just said, this game was "a just win, baby" for the Hoosiers. Not a particularly strong performance for the IU, but a win nonetheless.

Allen and Mike White saw considerable less playing time in the second half, most likely due to the fact that Minnesota kept this game close for most of last 20 minutes of the game, until IU broke away the final couple minutes.

I forgot to mention Errek Suhr during my halftime update. He took two charges in the first half and added a third in the second. As a team tonight, IU took six charges. The Hoosiers also only had seven turnovers on the night.

This leaves IU at 18-8 overall and 8-5 in conference play. The team heads to East Lansing, Michigan on Saturday for a tilt with the Spartans - a team that just beat Wisconsin this week.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention. Stemler finally hit one. With 8.6 seconds left in the game, he hit a jumper from the left corner. He finished 1-of-4 on the night with two points and five rebounds.

Have a good night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HALFTIME:

IU leads 40-32.

No, your eyes did not deceive you that first half. That was Ben Allen making, not one, but two moves in the post and converting on both. The first one was a right hook in the lane. The second Allen used his left hand to score a bucket. He also committed no fouls in the first half.

As for our question of the night? Lance Stemler had one shot attempt in the half. He missed a three from the left corner.

One more thing of considerable note:

Ben Allen played 10 minutes the first half. Mike White played nine. And D.J. White? He only played eight minutes in the first half. I'm thinking because both Mike (five points, three rebounds) and Ben played so well, Kelvin Sampson decided to keep them in to build some confidence against a Minnesota team lacking a threatening inside presence.

See you after the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome friends.

Tonight, for your viewing pleasure, we have your IU Hoosiers versus the Minnesota Golden Gophers. It seems like it's been awhile since the Hoosiers have played inside the confines of Assembly Hall, no?

Well, it has been. The last game in here was against the Illini, 11 days ago on Feb. 10. Anyways, as I said in today's edition of the IDS, this should be a pretty easy game for IU to win. The Gophers, without getting into too many specifics, aren't very good.

Errek Suhr gets the nod as a projected starter tonight again, as Earl Calloway is not expected to play with his shoulder still not up to snub.

OK, question of the night time. Will Lance Stemler return to form? Will he hit a shot? Let us know in the comments.

See you at half.