arts food

Nine Bloomington restaurants that visitors will love

entrestaurantguestiu040424.jpeg

With the spring semester ending and move-out day approaching, many parents will be visiting Bloomington in the upcoming weeks. If your parents are in town, I recommend you stop by these restaurants to ensure they get an extensive taste of Bloomington. 

Breakfast Spots 

Rise and shine! Start off your day with a quick meal at one of the following local Bloomington spots.  

If you are looking for a filling meal at a comfortable coffee shop, stop by the Inkwell Bakery & Café. The shop opens at 8 a.m., Saturday and serves espresso drinks, pastries, breakfast and lunch.   

A hot bagel with a schmear of homemade cream cheese from Gables Bagels is one of the best ways to start the day. You can grab your fresh bagel and begin the rest of the day’s adventure.  

In the heart of downtown Kirkwood, the Village Deli is a classic breakfast diner. Whether you are craving a giant pancake, breakfast burrito, or a vegetable omelet, this local breakfast spot has it all.  

Lunch Spots 

Re-energize with one of these local lunch spots before the rest of your afternoon activities.  

While this local restaurant is well known for its wings, do not underestimate the rest of its menu. BuffaLouie’s  hot turkey sub is my favorite lunch item, but you cannot go wrong with its wings, burgers, salads, or mac and cheese.  

On the corner of E. Kirkwood Ave and N. Lincoln St, is this local Chicago-style restaurant. The shop is known for its smoked meats, giant burgers and Chicago-style hot dogs. If you stop by, avoid wearing nice clothes because it’s bound to get messy.  

If you’ve never been to a Mediterranean-bowl restaurant, I recommend you stop by Feta Kitchen and Café. At Feta, you can assemble a Mediterranean flavored salad or rice bowl. Try topping it with gyro, pickled cauliflower, corn relish, baba ghanoush and whipped feta for a real treat.  

Dinner Spots 

End the night on a positive note by dining at one of these Bloomington restaurants! 

After indulging in a slice of Da Vinci’s delicious wood fired pizza, you will never forget this Bloomington trip. Da Vinci’s offers an array of mouthwatering Italian dishes and is consistently my favorite Italian restaurant in Bloomington.  

Big Woods is a high-quality dinner option with five locations in Indiana. The Bloomington location serves a little bit of everything with a menu containing margherita pizza, pulled pork sandwiches, chicken street tacos and Asian chicken salad.  

After a long day, Yogi’s is a great laidback dinner option. You can pair the classic bar food with a drink from the bar while watching a sport game on one of its many massive television screens.  

I hope your parents enjoy their visit to Bloomington and indulge in the city’s rich culinary scene.