sports women's basketball

Indiana women’s basketball announces 2023-24 Big Ten schedule

spiuwbbschedule092123.jpeg

Indiana women’s basketball’s Big Ten conference schedule was announced Thursday afternoon via an IU athletics press release

[Related: Indiana men’s basketball announces 2023-24 Big Ten schedule

Indiana is coming off a historic season, winning the Big Ten regular-season title for the first time since 1983. After going 16-2 last season in conference play, the Hoosiers will host nine conference games alongside nine away games. 

The Hoosiers will open their conference slate with a matchup against Rutgers on Dec. 9 in Piscataway, New Jersey. After a pair of non-conference games at home, Indiana will welcome Illinois to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on New Year’s Eve and will then take on the Illini in Champaign, Illinois on Feb. 19. 

Indiana will then host Michigan on Jan. 4, travel to Nebraska on Jan. 7 and host Penn State on Jan. 10 in the only meetings with the three schools. 

After losing on a buzzer-beater in Iowa City, Iowa, last season, a trip to Carver-Hawkeye Arena to take on Iowa is set for Jan. 13. Indiana will then welcome the Hawkeyes to Bloomington on Feb. 22. 

Next, the Hoosiers will host Minnesota on Jan. 17 as fifth-year senior guard Sara Scalia will face off against her former team for the second time since transferring to Indiana before last season. 

Indiana will travel to Mackey Arena to take on Purdue on Jan. 21 before the Boilermakers make their way to Bloomington for a matchup Feb. 11. 

The Hoosiers will host Northwestern on Jan. 28 before making the trip to Evanston, Illinois on Feb. 27 after just one matchup between the schools a season ago. 

The Xfinity Center will play host to Indiana and Maryland on Jan. 31 before the Hoosiers travel to Value City Arena on Feb.4 for its lone matchup with Ohio State. The Hoosiers went 2-1 against the Buckeyes last season, falling in the second round of the Big Ten Tournament. 

The Hoosiers will welcome Michigan State to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on Feb. 8 for the season’s only matchup between the two schools. The Spartans defeated Indiana last season in one of its two losses in conference play. 

A trip to the Kohl Center to take on Wisconsin is set for Feb. 14. The two teams will face each other just once this season.  The Hoosiers delivered a 93-56 beatdown against the Badgers in Bloomington a season ago. 

Indiana will conclude its regular season Mar. 3 in its second matchup of the season with Maryland. 

For the second consecutive season Minneapolis, Minnesota, will host the Big Ten Tournament at the Target Center from March 6-10.

Follow reporters Dalton James (@DaltonMJames) and Quinn Richards (@Quinn_richa) and columnist Ryan Canfield (@rpcvsthewrld) for updates throughout the Indiana women’s basketball season.