Indiana men’s basketball announces 2023-24 Big Ten schedule

spiubbschedule091923.jpg

Indiana men’s basketball’s Big Ten conference schedule was announced Tuesday afternoon per an IU athletics press release.  

The Hoosiers open their Big Ten season at home in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on Dec. 1, hosting Maryland. Indiana will then travel to Ann Arbor to face Michigan on Dec. 5. 

Following Indiana’s remaining five non-conference games in between, the Hoosiers will resume Big Ten play Jan. 3 in Lincoln to face Nebraska. Shortly after, Indiana hosts Ohio State on Jan. 6. 

Indiana’s first of two matchups against Minnesota comes at home on Jan. 12. The Hoosiers will stay in Bloomington to face in-state rival Purdue for the first time of the season Jan. 16. 

The Hoosiers will then hit the road for back-to-back contests, traveling to Wisconsin on Jan. 19 and Illinois on Jan. 27. Indiana closes out January facing Iowa at home Jan. 30 and opens February at home as well, hosting Penn State on Feb. 3. 

[Related: Indiana men’s basketball program announces 2023-24 non-conference schedule

Indiana follows the homestand with back-to-back return road games, playing at Ohio State on Feb. 6 and at Purdue on Feb. 10. The Hoosiers then return to Assembly Hall for another two-game stint, hosting Northwestern on Feb. 18 and Nebraska on Feb. 21. 

The Hoosiers will travel to the Bryce Jordan Center to face Penn State on Feb. 24 before returning home to host Wisconsin on Feb. 27 to close out the month. Indiana kicks off March with consecutive road games, facing Maryland on March 3 and Minnesota on March 6. 

Indiana’s regular-season finale will be at home against Michigan State on March 10 in the two teams’ sole matchup of the season. The Hoosiers and Spartans split the season series last year, including an 82-69 Indiana home win Jan 22. 

The Hoosiers’ 2023-24 conference schedule includes 11 weekend games, six of those being at home.  

Indiana will look to follow up last season’s 12-8 Big Ten record, which was tied for second in the conference. The Hoosiers first take the court Oct. 29 at home in an exhibition game against the University of Indianapolis.