bloomington

Lincoln Square Pancake House to move into old Denny’s Bloomington location

canewpancakes042623.jpg

Visible after the I-69 exit, the Denny’s sign was a landmark that always signified Bloomington residents had returned home. Now, Hoosiers and strangers alike will have to become accustomed to a new symbol: Lincoln Square Pancakes.  

According to the IndyStar, Lincoln Square Pancake House is coming to Bloomington this summer. Taking over the location that previously housed Denny’s on North Walnut Street, Lincoln Square Pancakes will begin selling its flapjacks and burgers in B-Town.

Lincoln Square Pancake House currently has 11 locations but will add two more this summer, including the Bloomington location and another on the northside of Indianapolis.  

[Related: Bloomington Denny's closed permanently last week]

In January, the Denny’s on North Walnut Street, an American diner-style restaurant chain, closed permanently after over 40 years of operation. The closure was believed to be due to extreme debt and lack of customers.  

Lincoln Square Pancakes was founded in 1989 by George Katris, a Greek immigrant who strived to make everyone feel at home. The first location was opened in Kokomo, Indiana, before moving to Indianapolis 10 years later.  

The restaurant serves similar foods to Denny’s, including pancakes and eggs benedict for breakfast and burgers and melts for lunch. However, Lincoln Square Pancake House is bringing a bit of authenticity to the table by taking breakfast classics and adding a little bit of ingenuity. Whether it is the banana bread French toast or donut biscuit appetizers, the pancake house is bringing a new level of breakfast to town.