Trayce Jackson-Davis 1 of 5 finalists for Karl Malone Power Forward of the Year award

spiutjdbrief030923.jpg

Indiana men’s basketball senior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis was named a finalist for the Karl Malone Power Forward of the Year award, the Basketball Hall of Fame announced Thursday

Jackson-Davis, who was recently selected as a First-Team All-American and to the All-Big Ten First Team, is one of five players to be named a finalist for the award. He joins University of Arizona junior Azoulas Tubelis, Gonzaga University senior Drew Timme, Iowa junior Kris Murray and Providence College sophomore Bryce Hopkins on the list. 

During the regular season, Jackson-Davis averaged a career-high 20.5 points, 11 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.8 blocks to lead the Hoosiers to a third-place finish in the Big Ten. Among the five finalists, Jackson-Davis is the only one to average more than 20 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 block per game. 

Previous positional award winners have been announced during the weekend of the Final Four. Jackson-Davis would become the first Hoosier to win the award since its inception in 2015. 

Indiana will open its postseason campaign by facing the winner of Minnesota and Maryland Friday night in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals. 

Follow reporters Evan Gerike (@EvanGerike) and Emma Pawlitz (@emmapawlitz), columnist Bradley Hohulin (@BradleyHohulin) and photographer Alex Paul (@alexpaulphoto) for updates throughout the Indiana men’s basketball season.