sports baseball

Indiana baseball announces schedule change for weekend Bellarmine series

spiubasebrief030723.jpeg

The Indiana baseball team will play their four-game series against Bellarmine University Thursday through Sunday, according to a press release sent out Monday afternoon.  

The Hoosiers will face the Knights Thursday, March 9 and Friday, March 10, with both games starting at 4 p.m., followed by a single Saturday game at 2 p.m. and a 1 p.m. first pitch on Sunday.  

This schedule change was made to “take advantage of the best possible conditions for fans and student-athletes,” according to the release.  

Indiana was initially slated to play the series with a single game on Friday, followed by a Saturday afternoon doubleheader and a matinee on Sunday. The game that was originally scheduled for noon Saturday is now slated for Thursday afternoon. 

According to the press release, parking lots around Bart Kaufman Field will remain in use as planned previously. Additionally, fans who purchased tickets for Saturday’s doubleheader can use those tickets to gain admission to the newly scheduled Thursday game.  

Any fans with issues should visit the ticket office located near the home plate entrance.  

With this schedule change, Indiana now plays one home game per day from Wednesday to Sunday before heading to Lexington, Kentucky for a midweek matchup against the University of Kentucky.  

Follow reporters Matthew Byrne (@MatthewByrne1) and Nick Rodecap (@nickrodecap) for updates throughout the Indiana baseball season.