student life bloomington

Bloomington Wonderland: holiday events to check out this December

caholiday120522.jpg

Staying in town during break? Bloomington is hosting several holiday events this December. 

Pajamborie Fundraiser Party with Santa & Mrs. Claus 

This fundraiser includes decorating Christmas crafts while listening to Christmas music, partaking in a friendly plush snowball fight, and listening to Santa and Mrs. Claus share Christmas stories from 6-8 p.m. Dec. 8 at 101 W. Kirkwood Ave. Those who attend will also receive a special Christmas bell from Santa’s workshop that will be used to sing along to Christmas carols. Tickets are $12 and can be purchased at 320 W. 8th St., Suite 200 at the front desk.  

Related: [IU Cinema to host study break mega marathon]

The Annual Polish Holiday Party

The Polish Study Center is hosting their annual holiday party from 6-8 p.m. Dec. 8 in the Global and International Studies Building room 1060.There will be activities and Polish food and drinks available for free.

Winter Wonderland to Banneker

The City of Bloomington invites children, together with their families, to a Winter Wonderland celebration from noon to 3 p.m. Dec. 10 at the Banneker Community Center, 930 W. Seventh St. The free event will feature seasonal activities including arts and crafts, cookie decoration, holiday carols, free photos with Santa, and a toy giveaway.

Related: [Walter Center to transform 'Dead Week’ to College Care Week Dec. 5-9]

Beth Shalom Holiday Bazaar & Art Fair

From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 11, the Congregation Beth Shalom will host the 15th annual holiday bazaar at 3750 E. Third St. The event will include photography, clothing, art, ceramics, body products, jewelry and more. Along with that will be home-baked sweets, challah bread, and other breads for sale.