IU Kelley School professor Tim Baldwin dies Monday

catimbaldwin101122.jpg-1

If you are struggling with grief or mental health issues, you are not alone. Resources are available here

IU professor Timothy Baldwin died on Monday at 64 years old. He had taught at the Kelley School of Business since 1987, making him one of the longest-standing professors in the school. 

Members of the community, students and colleagues remember Baldwin as a role model for others — someone who was always energetic and working to bring people together. 

Baldwin taught many classes within the school, including “Managing and Behavior in Organizations” and “Organization Leadership and Change.” 

“It is a very sad day for the department,” Dan Li, the chairperson of the management and entrepreneurship department, said in a statement sent to the Indiana Daily Student. “Tim was a beloved colleague and friend and positively affected the lives of so many faculty, students and staff over his 35 years of devoted service. He’s always, always, been there to give, to support and to lead. The world is a dimmer place without this amazing person.” 

Baldwin was the co-author of several books including “Developing Management Skills: What Great Managers Know and Do,” and “Improving Transfer Systems in Organizations.”  

He has won multiple awards during his career such as the Eli Lilly Alumni Teaching Award, the FACET All-University Teaching Award and the Dow Innovation in Teaching Fellowship.  

The Indiana Daily Student is working on an obituary to honor the life of Tim Baldwin. If you or someone you know would like to contribute, you can email Helen Rummel at hrummel@iu.edu.