bloomington

Family of Bloomington teen injured in May’s Greenhouse crash fundraising for medical costs

news filler.jpg

The family of a Bloomington teen who was injured in a crash Sept. 30 at May’s Greenhouse has created a GoFundMe to help cover his medical expenses.  

Joey Henderson, 17, has had three surgeries and will undergo at least three more, according to the GoFundMe page. His mother and father are currently staying at the hospital and missing work to focus on Henderson. The family is asking for donations to help with Henderson’s medical bills and support them during their loss of income. 

The GoFundMe has raised $33,662 of its $50,000 goal at the time of publication. 

Henderson was injured during a crash last Friday at May’s Greenhouse in Bloomington where he works, according to the GoFundMe. After Henderson arrived at the greenhouse, a multi-vehicle accident occurred on Old State Road 37. The accident sent a dump truck swerving off the road and running over Henderson, who was on a John Deer Gator utility vehicle at the time.  

Related: [Multi-vehicle crash along South Old Ind. 37 causes several injuries Friday

The force of the impact pushed Henderson and the utility vehicle through a wall of the greenhouse building, pinning Henderson under the dump truck. Henderson suffered multiple injuries including a broken back and ribs, a collapsed lung, a perforated bladder, a shattered pelvis and broken bones in his leg and foot, as well as kidney and liver damage, according to the GoFundMe page. Henderson’s spleen also had to be removed.