Student Health Center to offer flu shot clinics during October for students, faculty and staff 

<p>The IU Health Center is located at 10th Street and Eagleson Avenue. The IU Health Center will offer flu shot clinics throughout October for IU-Bloomington students, faculty and staff.</p>

The IU Health Center is located at 10th Street and Eagleson Avenue. The IU Health Center will offer flu shot clinics throughout October for IU-Bloomington students, faculty and staff.

The IU Student Health Center will be offering flu shot clinics throughout October for IU-Bloomington students, faculty and staff. 

To make an appointment, one can do so through the clinic scheduler at the IU Student Health Center. Appointments are required and must be scheduled online. Students can attend one of the clinics or get their flu shot while in the buildings long as they are not actively sick.  

The on-campus clinics are open every Wednesday in October from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., as well as Saturday, October 1, and Saturday, October 29, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.  

It is required people bring a photo ID and wear a short-sleeved shirt for easy access to the upper arm. Masks are also required at the Student Health Center and available for patients to pick up upon entry. 

According to the Student Health Center, the IU Bloomington flu clinics will offer a preservative-free, quadrivalent, single-dose vaccine called Fluarix that is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals. The high-dose vaccine for those over 65 and the eggless vaccine will not be available at the IU Bloomington clinics.  

Insurance information will be collected when scheduling an appointment. The cost is $51.00 without insurance and can be paid by cash, check, credit/debit card or billed to a student account.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.