Indiana men’s soccer match against Notre Dame postponed Saturday due to inclement weather

<p>The rain pours down on then-sophomore defender Brett Bebej April 10, 2021, at Bill Armstrong Stadium. The IU men&#x27;s soccer game against the University of Notre Dame scheduled for Saturday night has been postponed to a yet to be determined date.</p>

The rain pours down on then-sophomore defender Brett Bebej April 10, 2021, at Bill Armstrong Stadium. The IU men's soccer game against the University of Notre Dame scheduled for Saturday night has been postponed to a yet to be determined date.

Indiana men’s soccer’s home matchup with the University of Notre Dame has been postponed due to inclement weather and poor field conditions at Bill Armstrong Stadium.

The match, originally scheduled for 8 p.m. on Saturday, was initially delayed by 30 minutes. After the forecasts indicated storms would carry on late into the night, the decision was made to postpone the match to a date that has yet to be decided.

Additionally, the conditions on the pitch, which had forced a relocation of a recent Indiana women’s soccer match, had only worsened due to the heavy rain on Saturday.

The Hoosiers’ next scheduled match is on Tuesday, Sept. 6, against St. John’s University at Bill Armstrong Stadium. The match is slated to be broadcast on BTN+.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.