Psychedelic rock, blues band Current Entertainment to perform July 3 at Hard Truth Hills

Current Entertainment will perform from 2-5 p.m July 3 at Hard Truth Hills in Nashville, Indiana, as part of Fourth of July Fest. The band’s first performance was a couple months ago on top of a dam at Griffy Lake.

Current Entertainment, a band originating from Nashville, Indiana, will perform from 2-5 p.m July 3 at Hard Truth Hills in Nashville as part of Fourth of July Fest.

The band’s first performance was a couple months ago on top of a dam at Griffy Lake.

“I don’t go to have packed venues, I go to have really cool moments on stage,” Aiden Blankenship, vocalist and rhythm guitarist, said. “It doesn't matter if the audience is big, it matters if you connect with them.”

The band plays genres like psychedelic, indie, folk, rock, blues and funk. They play songs written by Blankenship as well as covers of songs by Bob Dylan, The Grateful Dead and JJ Cale.

Blankenship said he’s looking into recording options for an album or EP. The band is hoping to release it in the next six months. 

“If everything lines up, you can reach this place in music that fascinates me more than anything else I've ever done,” Blankenship said.

Drummer Jalen Dawson said playing music is a way to express emotion. Eric Olson, lead guitarist and IU sophomore, said the band works best when Blankenship writes the songs based on his own feelings. 

“It's definitely a therapeutic outlet for me,” Olson said. “It just helps me feel more in touch with myself and it's what I want to do for a living.”

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.