Teri Moren named assistant coach for 2022 USA Basketball U18 National Team

<p>Indiana women&#x27;s basketball head coach Teri Moren speaks to the crowd at Hoosier Hysteria on Oct. 2, 2021, at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Moren was selected Monday to be an assistant couch for the USA women&#x27;s basketball U18 national team. </p>

Indiana women's basketball head coach Teri Moren speaks to the crowd at Hoosier Hysteria on Oct. 2, 2021, at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Moren was selected Monday to be an assistant couch for the USA women's basketball U18 national team.

Teri Moren has been named one of two assistant coaches for USA Basketball’s U18 National Team this summer, per an IU Athletics release.

Moren will serve under Texas A&M University head coach Joni Taylor, who was selected as the U18 head coach. Old Dominion University head coach DeLisha Milton-Jones will round out the coaching staff as the second assistant.

The FIBA Americas U18 Championships will be played from June 6 to June 12 and consist of teams from North, South and Central America and the Caribbean. The assistant coaching role is Moren’s first official gig with USA Basketball, but she also had experience serving as a court coach in 2019 for the U19 World Cup Team trials.

"I am honored to be a part of USA Basketball's U18 National Team," Moren said in a statement. "It will be an exciting opportunity to work alongside great coaches and some of the best young players. I'm looking forward to representing our country through basketball."

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.