Bloomington is expecting 8 to 12 inches of snow Thursday

<p>Footprints are seen on the snow-covered paths Jan. 30, 2019, through IU’s empty campus. Bloomington is expected to receive 8 to 12 inches of snow Thursday.</p>

Footprints are seen on the snow-covered paths Jan. 30, 2019, through IU’s empty campus. Bloomington is expected to receive 8 to 12 inches of snow Thursday.

Bloomington is expected to receive eight to twelve inches of snow Thursday, according to a report from the Weather Channel. Wednesday will see about half an inch of rainfall amidst 43-degree weather.

Temperatures will peak Tuesday with a high of 56 degrees before falling to 25 degrees on Friday.

To prepare for a winter storm, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends waterproofing your home, listening to weather forecasts, stocking up on emergency food and water and creating an emergency car kit if traveling can’t be avoided. An emergency car kit should include extra chargers and batteries, extra cold-weather clothing such as coats and gloves, a shovel and other necessities.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.