IU Auditorium accepting donations for local food bank during holiday season

<p>Students walk on Dec. 7, 2021, along East Seventh Street in front of the IU Auditorium. IU Auditorium is accepting donations for the Hoosier Hills Food Bank during holiday season performances.</p>

Students walk on Dec. 7, 2021, along East Seventh Street in front of the IU Auditorium. IU Auditorium is accepting donations for the Hoosier Hills Food Bank during holiday season performances.

IU Auditorium is accepting donations for the Hoosier Hills Food Bank during holiday season performances. 

These include all December performances, such as An Evening with David Sedaris, Cirque Dreams Holidaze and Straight No Chaser, IU Auditorium marketing manager Ryan Sheets said.

Sheets said patrons can donate starting an hour before and throughout a show. 

Patrons who have tickets to these shows will receive a reminder about the collection in a pre-show email, Sheets said.

The pantry is especially in need of low-sugar and low-salt canned fruits and vegetables, canned soups and stews, canned proteins, peanut butter, cereals, pasta, tomato sauce, macaroni and cheese, coffee, bread mix and muffin mix, according to the IU Auditorium website.

Food from the Hoosier Hills Food Bank goes to nonprofit organizations in Brown, Martin, Monroe, Orange, Owen and Lawrence counties, according to the food bank website.

“We’re grateful that Hoosier Hills Food Bank has allowed us to partner with them,” Sheets said. “We’re hoping all those audiences can give a little back to those who need it the most.”

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.