City reports highest number of cases among employees in a week since start of pandemic

<p>A view of downtown Bloomington is seen from the Seventh and Walnut Street Parking Garage. Eleven employees for the City of Bloomington tested positive for COVID-19 in the last week, according to a city press release.</p>

A view of downtown Bloomington is seen from the Seventh and Walnut Street Parking Garage. Eleven employees for the City of Bloomington tested positive for COVID-19 in the last week, according to a city press release.

Eleven City of Bloomington employees tested positive for COVID-19 in the last week, according to a city press release. This is the highest number of cases among city employees reported in a single week since the start of the pandemic. 

Six of the employees work for the Bloomington Fire Department and three work for City of Bloomington Utilities. Another employee works in City Hall and another for Bloomington Transit. 

There have been a total of 138 COVID-19 tests among city employees since the beginning of the pandemic. 

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.