Live Updates: Indiana football takes on Rutgers at home

spiufbliveupdates111321-jpg.jpeg

FINAL: Rutgers wins 38-3 over Indiana.

FOURTH QUARTER

7:00: Grant Gremel is in at quarterback for Indiana.

TOUCHDOWN: Quarterback Noah Vedral scrambles for a two-yard score. Rutgers now leads 38-3.

10:50 Indiana defensive back Raheem Layne is injured, helped off the field by trainers.

THIRD QUARTER

TOUCHDOWN: Offensive lineman Raiqwon O'Neal scores on a 7-yard rush. Rutgers leads 31-3

8:31: Indiana punts again, Rutgers takes over at their own 16. Some light boos could be heard from this quickly-emptying crowd.

TOUCHDOWN: First play after the fumble, and the Scarlet Knights capitalize immediately. 10-yard touchdown run by Aaron Young for a touchdown, 24-7 Knights lead.

12:35: Rutgers punts their opening series, Fryfogle muffs the kick inside the 10 and Rutgers recovers. Another Indiana turnover, fifth of the day.

15:00: Indiana kicks off, and Rutgers starts the second half with possession.

Halftime: Rutgers 17, Indiana 3

SECOND QUARTER

0:02: Charles Campbell scores on a field goal, Rutgers leads 17-3. First points of the afternoon for the Hoosiers.

1:40: McCulley fumbles, Rutgers recovers. Knights ball at their own 45. Hoosiers have struggled with ball security today.

5:28: Defensive lineman Weston Kramer is injured on the field. Walked off under his own power.

8:00: McCulley has re-entered the game at quarterback. Tuttle was looked at by a trainer and went to the locker room.

9:25: Tuttle throws his second interception of the afternoon, Rutgers ball at the 2-yard-line. Pass intended for Ty Fryfogle on a deep shot.

12:38: Jack Tuttle scrambles for a 15-yard gain on 3rd and 11. A defensive holding tacks on an extra 10 yards, Hoosiers have first and ten from their own 36.

14:10: Rutgers gains only four yards after the interception, but scores on a field goal to take a 17-0 lead. 10 points off of turnovers so far for the Scarlet Knights.

FIRST QUARTER

0:10: Jack Tuttle's pass is intercepted by Rutgers, intended for Miles Marshall. The Knights take over deep in Indiana territory again.

0:16: Indiana's defense forces a three-and-out, offense takes over from their own 25.

2:00 Another three-and-out for Indiana, Hoosiers forced to punt deep in their own territory again. Rutgers ball at the 28-yard-line.

3:20: Davion Ervin-Poindexter returns the kickoff to the 25-yard-line.

TOUCHDOWN: Pacheco scores a three-yard touchdown on a direct snap. 14-0, Rutgers leads.

7:00: Tuttle fumbles on third down, but recovers. Hoosiers forced to punt.

8:00: Rutgers punts on 4th and 1, Ty Fryfogle returns for a loss of four yards. Jack Tuttle enters the game at quarterback for Donaven McCulley.

9:41: Charles Campbell misses a 34-yard field goal wide left. Rutgers will take over at the 20-yard-line.

11:30: Running back Charlie Spegal picks up a first down on 4th and 1, his first carry in an Indiana uniform. Hoosiers driving in the red zone.

13:47: Rutgers kicks off, Holloman returns it 32 yards to the 42-yard-line.

TOUCHDOWN: Isaih Pacheco scores on an 8-yard rush. Rutgers takes a 7-0 lead with 13:47 to play in the first quarter.

14:54: Freshman quarterback Donaven McCulley fumbles the opening play of the game, Rutgers recovers. Scarlet Knights ball at the 21-yard-line.

15:00: Freshman running back David Holloman calls a fair catch on the opening kickoff. Indiana will start at their own 25-yard-line.

Indiana football has lost the coin toss and deferred to the second half. The Hoosiers will receive the opening kickoff.