IU-Bloomington reports 25 COVID-19 cases, 93.7% vaccination rate

IU-Bloomington reported 25 positive COVID-19 cases for the week of Oct. 14 to Oct. 20, according to IU’s COVID-19 dashboard update Friday. The number includes 19 student cases and six faculty and staff cases.

Positive cases are reported from the campus’s symptomatic, mitigation and voluntary testing as well as self-reported positive test results. IU’s weekly mitigation testing, called COVID Check testing, is mandatory for students, faculty and staff who are not fully vaccinated.

Individuals not selected for COVID Check testing may sign up for voluntary asymptomatic testing on IU’s online optional testing form or symptomatic testing if they experience symptoms of COVID-19.

The dashboard reports 93.7% of people on the Bloomington campus have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, a 0.5% increase from the week before. As of Thursday, 93.8% of all students and 93.2% of faculty and staff are partially or fully vaccinated.

The COVID-19 vaccination is required for all IU students, faculty and staff, unless they have a medical, religious or ethical exemption or are enrolled in a 100% online program, according to IU's COVID-19 policy. Individuals can report their vaccination status or request an exemption using IU’s online vaccine reporting form.

Individuals wanting to schedule a vaccination appointment can visit the Indiana State Department of Health website for an in-state vaccination site, or visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website to search for vaccination sites across the United States.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.

Comments