IU moves up five spots in U.S. News and World’s ranking for public national universities

caiurankings091321.jpg

IU-Bloomington climbed up the U.S. News and World Report’s rankings for national and regional universities, claiming the 26th spot among public national universities, according to a News at IU press release. IU-Bloomington and IU-Purdue University Indianapolis were both selected for top 25 rankings for “programs to look for,” according to the release. 

IU moved up eight spots among all national universities, ranking 68th. Other rankings include a tie for 25th in the study abroad category and a tie for 37th of best colleges for veterans.

“Indiana University continues to focus on ensuring all of our students succeed, our research goals are ambitious and that we are a leader in advancing economic development and quality of life for individuals throughout our state, nation and world,” IU President Pamela Whitten said in the IU release.

The IU Kelley School of Business received a ranking of eighth for business schools among national universities and fourth among public institutions, returning to its highest rank ever, according to the release. Kelley is ranked the second business school in the Big Ten, according to the release.

Ten IU specialty programs are ranked top 20 in their areas, according to the release. Some top ranked specialties are in Kelley including marketing at third, accounting and entrepreneurship at fourth and management and management information systems at sixth.

“I’m especially proud that eight of our majors at Kelley are ranked in the top 10,” Idalene Kesner, dean of the Kelley School of Business, said in the release. “This shows the depth and breadth of the quality of a Kelley education and affirms Kelley’s reputation as a top business school.”

According to the release, in the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering, the undergraduate computer science cybersecurity specialty tied for 21st. Overall, the computer science program moved up one spot from last year to tie for 60th, according to the release.