Missing Bloomington man found dead Sunday after flooding

<p>Cars sit in the street after being damaged by flood waters Friday night early on Kirkwood Ave. A 31-year-old man was found dead Sunday after Friday night&#x27;s flooding, according to Bloomington Police Department.</p>

Cars sit in the street after being damaged by flood waters Friday night early on Kirkwood Ave. A 31-year-old man was found dead Sunday after Friday night's flooding, according to Bloomington Police Department.

Colten Booe, 31, was found deceased in a pile of flood debris the morning of June 20 by a search party that consisted of family and friends about 50 yards south of County Club Drive near Clear Creek, according to a press release from Bloomington Police Department.

Booe’s brother reported him missing the morning of June 19 to BPD. 

A friend Booe was with Friday night told investigators that Booe had tried to drive through floodwaters near the intersection of South College Avenue and West Dodds Street, according to the release. As they drove through the water, the car began to drift and crashed into an unknown object, the friend told BPD. 

The friend said he climbed out of the open passenger window, was dragged under water but was able to grab tree branches and pull himself out, according to the release. He said he never saw Booe or the car again.

BPD found the car June 19 on its side in floodwaters in Switchyard Park. Booe was found the next day, where officers determined he was deceased, according to the release. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday to determine the cause and manner of death.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments