Bloomington Sanitation Division announces plan for pickup of flood-related items

Cars sit in the street after being damaged by flood waters Friday night on Kirkwood Ave. Bloomington residents can schedule pickup of items related to flooding last weekend from the Sanitation Division of the City of Bloomington’s Public Works Department.

Bloomington residents can schedule pickup of items related to flooding last weekend from the Sanitation Division of the City of Bloomington’s Public Works Department, according to a City of Bloomington press release Thursday.

This service is only for items related to flood damage to single-family homes and properties served by the City of Bloomington Sanitation Division, according to the release. The items will be picked up on the resident’s normal service day.

A $10 large item charge will be billed to the account. Residents can schedule pick up using an online form or by calling the Sanitation Division at 812-349-3443. 

Carpet needs to be cut into manageable pieces or rolled and tied at both ends. If possible, items should be bagged. Downed branches and vegetation need to be picked up as part of normal schedules for yard waste pickup, according to the release.

Electronics will not be picked up but can be disposed of through Monroe County Solid Waste Management District Electronics Recycling Program or through an e-recycling event sponsored by Cook Medical.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments