Hoosier pride is in the air as IU Day returns in 2021

IU Day will take place on April 21, 2021.

Despite the many challenges of this past year, there is one thing that will never falter: the spirit of Indiana University. After pressing pause on IU Day 2020, the IU Foundation is thrilled to bring back the event in 2021.

On April 21, all members of the IU community, near and far, are encouraged to come together and join the virtual celebration.

“It’s a day for everyone who’s connected to Indiana University to come together in spirit, to do good, and to show what it means to be part of the IU family,” says J T. Forbes, IU Foundation Interim President and CEO. “Especially after the challenges of the past year, it’s also a moment to recognize all of the IU people who have risen to the challenge of overcoming the pandemic.”

Here’s how you can participate in IU Day on April 21:

WEAR

Wear your cream and crimson IU gear, and wear it proudly!

SHARE

Post a picture of your favorite IU memory, or snap a photo of you and your fellow Hoosiers in your IU swag and share it on social media using the hashtag #IUDay. You could win up to $500 for your favorite IU cause.

IU alumna Olanda Lewis’s family (including two IU graduates, one student, and one soon-to-be student) won “Biggest IU Fans” in the IU Day 2019 photo challenge.
IU alumna Olanda Lewis’s family (including two IU graduates, one student, and one soon-to-be student) won “Biggest IU Fans” in the IU Day 2019 photo challenge. Courtesy Photo

SUPPORT

There are many ways to support IU on IU Day. Earn $1 for student scholarships each time you use the #IUDay hashtag on Instagram and Twitter. You can also make a gift to a specific IU cause by visiting crowdfunding.iu.edu. First-time gifts will be matched dollar for dollar! See a complete list of ways you can make a difference at iuday.iu.edu/give.

ENJOY

Check out the events calendar to see what events will be taking place, or visit iuday.iu.edu/watch to see special IU Day content that will be released on April 21.

For more exciting updates and information leading up to IU Day, follow @iufoundation on Instagram and Twitter, and visit iuday.iu.edu.