sports women's basketball

IU women’s basketball head coach Teri Moren extended through 2027

spiuwbbmorenbrief040121.jpg

Indiana University and women’s basketball head coach Teri Moren agreed to a new contract Thursday that will keep her in Bloomington through the 2026-27 season, according to a press release.

Moren just took the Hoosiers to their first-ever Elite Eight appearance and continued a program-record with their sixth consecutive 20-win season.

“Teri Moren is the architect of an unprecedented era of success for our women’s basketball program,” said Scott Dolson, IU Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. “In my more than 30 years with the department I’ve never been as excited about the future of IU Women’s Basketball, and that’s because we have the right person leading us in the right direction.”

Moren’s new contract includes a salary increase to $862,500 annually and multiple performance-based bonuses. Her average annual compensation will further increase for Big Ten regular season and tournament titles, NCAA Tournament and WNIT Tournament appearances and wins, conference and national coach of the year honors and team academic achievements.

IU has been ranked nationally for 37 consecutive weeks dating back to last season and entered the top 10 for the first time March 1.

“Along with my staff, we are dedicated to building successful young women on and off the court,” Moren said. “I am truly blessed to be a part of the Hoosier Nation, who continue to show their love and gratitude for our team. We see you and appreciate you. As a lifelong Hoosier, I will continue to represent this incredible university with great pride and dedication.”