IU to add seven new degrees to its offerings

<p>The Sample Gates appear Jan. 11. The IU Board of Trustees approved seven new degrees April 9, including two undergraduate degrees and seven graduate-level degrees, according to a February agenda document. </p>

The Sample Gates appear Jan. 11. The IU Board of Trustees approved seven new degrees April 9, including two undergraduate degrees and seven graduate-level degrees, according to a February agenda document.

The IU Board of Trustees met April 9 to approve two new undergraduate degrees and five new graduate-level degrees across multiple IU campuses.

The College of Arts and Sciences will add a master’s of science in cognitive science and a master’s of arts in American studies, according to a February board agenda. The college will also add a bachelor’s of science in clinical psychological science, according to the agenda.

Students at all IU campuses will be able to enroll in the master’s of education in teaching and master’s of arts for teachers in French, which will both be available online.

IU-Bloomington’s School of Education will replace the master’s of education in learning and development sciences with a master’s of science in education in school psychology for students pursuing the Ph.D. or Ed.S. in school psychology, according to the agenda.

Additionally, IU-Kokomo School of Nursing will add a bachelor’s of science in rehabilitation science, which will prepare students for rehabilitation jobs in healthcare and graduate studies, according to the agenda.

The Indiana Commission for Higher Education must approve the new degrees before becoming available to students.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments