IU men’s tennis match versus Purdue this weekend canceled

<p>Then-sophomore Brandon Lam prepares to return a serve April 14, 2019, at the IU Tennis Center. The Hoosiers&#x27; match scheduled for Saturday was canceled Tuesday due to COVID-19 issues in Purdue&#x27;s program.</p>

Then-sophomore Brandon Lam prepares to return a serve April 14, 2019, at the IU Tennis Center. The Hoosiers' match scheduled for Saturday was canceled Tuesday due to COVID-19 issues in Purdue's program.

IU men’s tennis will no longer be playing Purdue on Saturday. The match was canceled due to COVID-19 problems in Purdue’s program.

This was IU’s last road match of the season. It will not be rescheduled.

The team will play Illinois at home April 24 for its final regular-season match of the year. The match was rescheduled from March 19.

IU will look to end an eight-match losing streak against Illinois. The overall series record between the two programs is 46-48, with the Fighting Illini holding the lead.

The Illinois match will mark the end of regular-season Big Ten conference play for IU. From there, the Hoosiers will head to Lincoln, Nebraska, for the Big Ten Tournament, which will run from April 29 to May 2.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments