Buskirk-Chumley looking for Battle of the Bands contestants

<p>Volcano Lotus drummer Ben Calabrese performs at the Bloomington Battle of the Bands quarterfinals July 10, 2011, at The Bluebird. Applications for this year&#x27;s Battle of the Bands at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater are open until April 16.</p>

Volcano Lotus drummer Ben Calabrese performs at the Bloomington Battle of the Bands quarterfinals July 10, 2011, at The Bluebird. Applications for this year's Battle of the Bands at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater are open until April 16.

The Buskirk-Chumley Theater is presenting the Battle of the Bands competition with performances beginning May 14. The event is open to anyone in the Bloomington community in a non-professional band not signed to a record label. The competition will be split into three rounds. Interested participants can apply on the Buskirk-Chumley website until April 16.

All bands that apply will have the opportunity to record and film a 10 and 20 minute performance of original music for the first two rounds at the theater. The first two rounds will be broadcasted via the livestreaming platform, Mandolin, beginning May 14, where the bands will be judged and the public can watch, according to the theater’s news release.

The top three bands will advance to the final round and perform in person at the theater in front of a live audience. The performances will also be livestreamed on Mandolin. The winning band will receive a prize of $1,000 and the runner-up will receive $500.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments